One b/w negative of church congregation standing in front of church outside with street in foreground. Large group of adults and children standing in front of church with sign at doorway reading “Refuge Church of our Lord Jesus Christ of the Apostolic Faith”. Banner on building exterior reads “LET’S GO BACK TO PENECOST[sic]”.
Client Name: Cannon, John Harry, Reverend
Original Baynard index card reads “1959 / Rev Cannon / no 2678 / 3191 Franklin”.
City directories, circa 1950’s through 1980’s, refer to client as Reverend John H. Cannon. City directories, circa 1950’s through 1960’s, list a Refuge Church of God of the Apostolic Faith with address of 3190 Franklin Avenue near 31st Street. City directory, year 1959, lists address as “Refuge Church of the Apostolic Faith” at 3190 Franklin Avenue. City directories, circa 1970’s through 1980’s, list a “Refuge Church of God of the Apostolic Faith” with address of 2558 Imperial Avenue near 25th Street and 26th Street.