(Documentary Artifact): Two b/w photographic prints of an exterior view of the Campo Store (also known as Gaskill’s Brothers Stone Store). Sign on the building reads: CAMPO/ GARAGE/ [illegible]. From notes on the verso of one of the prints, this is the store of Luman and Silas Gaskill, called Fort Gaskill, and built after a raid by Mexican bandits.
Notes on verso of prints:
Image 1:OP 15362-208/ 86:15900-1039/ IN REF BOOK/ [ Possibly written by Davis:] Old Gaskell [Gaskill] store/ Campo
Image 2: OP 15362-208/ 86:15900-1039/ IN REF BOOK/[Possibly written by Davis:] Old stone store of Luman & Silas/ Gaskell [Gaskill] at Campo – called Fort/ Gaskell [Gaskill] – Built after a raid by/ Mexican bandits Oct 10 1928/ [Stamped:] ED H. DAVIS/ Mesa Grande, Calif.