- HELP is the largest school based history education learning partnership in San Diego history. It is a public-private partnership that supports teachers, students and their families.
- HELP was founded on research that asked teachers what they needed most in the classroom. Their response: photographs and resources based upon state standards to stimulate student interest.
- School districts across the state are facing declining resources. At the same time, teachers are required to expand testing and meet state mandated standards.
- The HELP website allows the teacher to collapse months of research for meaningful photographs into a few minutes. Photographs are organized by grade level and state standard. Teachers can find photographs, download or print them directly as transparencies, and use them in the classroom almost immediately!
- Students are stimulated and become interested in San Diego people, places, and events.
- Other programs offered by HELP will include:
- Trolley Tours
- Videos for use in class
- Docent lead tours at local museums
For more information about the HELP Program, please contact the San Diego History Center’s Education Department at: firstname.lastname@example.org