1. Coordinate grid system of latitude and longitude.
2. North and South Poles, equator, prime meridian, tropics, hemispheres.
3. State capital, physical environments of California’s regions.
4. Pacific Ocean, rivers, valleys, mountain passes: effects on the growth of towns.
5. Communities in California; land use, vegetation, wildlife, climate, population density, architecture, services and transportation.
Support Materials for this Section
Barrett Dam, 1920
Morena Dam, 1935
Lake Hodges, 1935
San Diego River, 1916
San Diego River, 1931
Mission Valley, 1914
San Diego County valley
For more information about the HELP Program, please contact the San Diego History Center’s Education Department at: firstname.lastname@example.org