To Find Images:
NOTE: Although the site is arranged according to grade 3 and 4 content standards, the available material is appropriate for all grade levels and teachers are welcome to use it for other grades too. Please direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Images are organized by grade level and California Department of Education History- Social Science Content Standards.
- Start on the homepage.
- Click on “Access photos and resources”
- Click on a content standard. The standards text has been summarized. A link at the bottom of the page will take you to the complete version.
- Click on an image from the thumbnail page, which will take you to an enlarged image with a caption.
- You can print this image for your reference.
- Click the image again. A larger image without a caption will appear.
- Print or download this image for use in the classroom.
- Click your browser’s back button to go back to the previous image or click on the “Access photos and resources” button on the left side of your screen to go back to the “Summary of Topics” standards page.
To Find Curriculum:
On the homepage, click on “Introduction from San Diego County Office of Education and San Diego City Schools” to learn more about:
- Alignment to big ideas, content standards, and analysis skills
- Essential questions and topical questions
- The bibliography of literary and expository texts
- Photographs as primary source documents
- Tips for reading photographs
- At the bottom of the thumbnail pages in the Grade 4 section, click on “Curriculum for this section”
To Find Other Resources:
- On the homepage, click on “Guide to Learning from Historic Images”
- At the bottom of the thumbnail pages in the grade 4 sections, click on “Teacher resources” for:
- a bibliography of related literature
- a list of other local historical societies that have relevant resources
Who are the partners in HELP?
- Congress of History of San Diego and Imperial Counties
- San Diego City Schools
- The Rice Family Foundation
- San Diego County Office of Education
- San Diego County Water Authority
- San Diego Gas and Electric
- San Diego Union-Tribune
- Unified Port of San Diego