The Journal of San Diego History
SAN DIEGO HISTORICAL SOCIETY QUARTERLY
Spring 1977, Volume 23, Number 2
Editor James Moss
Asst. Editor Thomas L. Scharf
- Annie Besant’s Lecture Tour of San Diego
- By Thomas D. Clark
- San Diego’s Chinese Mission
- By Elizabeth MacPhail
- San Diego’s Gaslamp Quarter
- By Michael Stepner
- The Junipero Serra Song at San Diego State Teachers College
- By Theodore E. Treutlein
- San Diego’s City Park, 1868-1902
- By Gregory E. Montes
- California: A Bicentennial History
- By David Lavender. Reviewed by Donald J. Pisani.
- Freebooters Must Die! The Life and Death of William Walker
- By Frederic Rosengarten, Jr. Reviewed by Randall O. Hudson.
- John Peabody Harrington: The Man and his California Indian Fieldnotes
- By Jane MacLaren Walsh. Reviewed by Catherine A Callaghan.
- Friars, Soldiers and Reformers: Hispanic Arizona and the Sonora Mission Frontier, 1767-1856
- By John L. Kessell. Reviewed by Cynthia Radding Murietta.
- Los Angeles: Biography of a City
- Edited by John and LaRee Caughey. Reviewed by Lawrence B. deGraff.
San Diego’s Mission Valley by Frank L. Heath