The Journal of San Diego History
SAN DIEGO HISTORICAL SOCIETY QUARTERLY
Fall 1979, Volume 25, Number 4
Thomas L. Scharf, Editor
- Jamul Cement: Speculation in the San Diego Hinterland.
- By David C. Burkenroad
- Preliminary Investigation: Music in the Jesuit Missions of Baja California (1698-1767).
- By Alfred E. Lemmon
- San Diego Interiors: (1880-1930)
- By William Chandler
- Rebuilding the California Southern Railroad: The Personal Account of a Chinese Labor Contractor, 1884.
- Edited by Andrew Griego
- Los Paisanos: Spanish Settlers on the Northern Frontier of New Spain.
- By Oakah L. Jones. Reviewed by Theodore E. Treutlein.
- The Wisdom of the Heart: Katherine Tingley Speaks.
- Compiled and Edited by W. Emmett Small. Reviewed by Emmett E. Greenwalt.
- Portuguese Immigrants: The Centennial Story of the Portuguese Union of the State of California.
- By Carlos Almeida. Reviewed by Rhoda E. Kruse.
- The Frontier in Latin American History.
- By Alistair Hennessy. Ray Allen Billington and Howard R. Lamar, Coeditors. Reviewed by Roger L. Cunniff.
- Conquer and Colonize: Stevenson’s Regiment and California.
- By Donald C. Biggs. Reviewed by Clarence F. McIntosh.
- Steamboats on the Colorado River: 1852-1916.
- By Richard E. Lingenfelter. Reviewed by Harry Kelsey.