The Journal of San Diego History
SAN DIEGO HISTORICAL SOCIETY QUARTERLY
Winter 1981, Volume 27, Number 1
Thomas L. Scharf, Managing Editor
- U.S. Grant, Jr. A Builder of San Diego.
- By Evelyn I. Banning.
- Lydia Knapp Horton: A “Liberated” Woman in Early San Diego.
- By Elizabeth C. MacPhail.
- Mud Volcanoes, Faults and Earthquakes of the Colorado Delta Before the Twentieth Century.
- By Carl L. Strand.
- Land in California.
- By W. W. Robinson. Reviewed by Harry C. McDean.
- Comparative Frontiers: A Proposal for Studying the American West.
- By Jerome O. Steffen. Reviewed by Newell G. Bringhurst.
- Photographing the Frontier.
- By Dorothy and Thomas Hoobler. Reviewed by Ronald J. Quinn.
- Reclaiming the American West: An Historiography and Guide.
- By Lawrence B. Lee. Reviewed by Judith Austin.
- Imperial San Francisco: Politics and Planning in an American City, 1897-1906.
- By Judd Kahn. Reviewed by William A. Bullough.
- By Stanley Truman and W. Michael Mathes.
- The Natural World of the California Indians.
- By Robert F. Heizer and Albert B. Elsasser.
- Kit Carson’s Long Walk and Other True Tales of Old San Diego.
- By Henry Schwartz.
- Guide to American Historical Manuscripts in the Huntington Library.
- The Mission by the Sea: A Documentary History of San Buenaventura Mission.
- Compiled and edited by Msgr. Francis J. Weber.
- Views of Los Angeles.
- Text and contemporary photographs by Gernot Kuehn.
- A Companion to California.
- By James D. Hart.