The Journal of San Diego History
SAN DIEGO HISTORICAL SOCIETY QUARTERLY
Fall 1982, Volume 28, Number 4
Thomas Scharf, Managing Editor
- Wells Fargo in San Diego
- By Elizabeth MacPhail
- San Diego’s Early Years as a Health Resort
- By Linda E. Miller
- “Offensive Stupidity,” and the Struggle of Abe Tokunoske
- By Donald H. Estes
- San Diego Cemeteries: A Brief Guide
- By Laurie Bissell
- Spanish City Planning in North America
- By Dora P. Crouch, Daniel J. Garr and Axel I. Mundigo. Reviewed by Richard Griswold del Castillo.
- Plotting the Golden West: American Literature and the Rhetoric of the California Trail
- By Stephen Fender. Reviewed by Karl Keller
- Readings in California Civilization: Interpretative Issues
- By Howard A. DeWitt. Reviewed by Clare V. McKanna.
- An Illustrated History of the Chinese in America
- By Ruthanne Lum McCunn.
- Heritage Tales-1981
- By San Bernardino Historical Society.
- Southern California’s Sea Coast: Then and Now
- By Howard Gregory.
- Pieces of Eight Channel Islands: A Bibliographical Guide and Source Book
- By Adelaide LeMert Doran.
- The Way We Lived: California Indian Reminiscences, Stories, and Songs
- Edited with commentary by Malcolm Margolin.
- American Labor in the Southwest: The First One Hundred Years
- By James C. Foster.