The Journal of San Diego History
SAN DIEGO HISTORICAL SOCIETY QUARTERLY
Fall 1983, Volume 29, Number 4
Thomas L. Scharf, Managing Editor
- San Diego and His Biographers
- By Thomas Case
- Scripps in the 1950s: A Decade of Bluewater Oceanography
- By Elizabeth N. Shor
- Lillian Jennette Rice: Search for a Regional Ideal, The Development of Rancho Santa Fe
- By Lucinda Liggett Eddy
- “An Atmosphere of Friendliness:” The Cuyamaca Club
- By Sally Bullard Thornton
- A Little Gem of a Park: A Personal Memoir of Mission Cliff Gardens
- By Elizabeth C. MacPhail
- Bitter Harvest: A History of California Farmworkers, 1870-1941.
- By Cletus E. Daniel. Reviewed by Lawrence J. Jelinek.
- A Place Called Chinese America.
- By By Diane Mei Lin Mark and Ginger Chih. Reviewed by David Du Fault.
- In Defense of La Raza: The Los Angeles Mexican Consulate and the Mexican Community, 1929 to 1936.
- By Francisco E. Balderrama. Reviewed by Richard Griswold del Castillo.
- Nearby History: Exploring the Past Around You.
- By By David E. Kyvig and Myron A. Marty. Reviewed by Lawrence B. de Graaf.
- Filipinos in California: From the Days of the Galleons to the Present.
- Lorraine Jacobs Crouchett. Reviewed by H. Brett Melendy.
- Borderlands Sourcebook: A Guide to the Literature on Northern Mexico and the American Southwest.
- Edited by Ellwyn R. Stoddard, Richard L. Nostrand, and Jonathan P. West. Reviewed by Iris H.W. Engstrand.