The Journal of San Diego History
SAN DIEGO HISTORICAL SOCIETY QUARTERLY
Summer 1984, Volume 30, Number 3
Thomas L. Scharf, Editor
- Louis John Gill: Famous but Forgotten Architect
- By Rev. C. Douglas Kroll
- San Diego’s First Cabrillo Celebration, 1892
- By Sally Bullard Thornton
- “Bull Strong, Horse High, and Hog Tight:” The Work and Character of Edwin M. Capps
- By John C. Brownlee
- María Amparo Ruiz Burton: The General’s Lady
- By Kathleen Crawford
- American Indians, American Justice
- By Vine Deloria, Jr. and Clifford M. Lytle. Reviewed by Donald L. Fixico.
- Off The Main Road: San Vicente and Barona: A History of those who shaped events in the Rancho Canada de San Vicente y Mesa del Padre Barona
- By Charles R. LeMenager. Reviewed by Stephen R. Van Wormer.
- Historians and the American West.
- Edited by Michael P. Malone. Foreword by Rodman W. Paul. Reviewed by Richard T. Ruetten.
- Ordinary People and Everyday Life: Perspectives on the New Social History.
- Edited by James B. Gardner and George Rollie Adams. Reviewed by William Issel.
- California Patterns: A Geographical and Historical Atlas.
- By David Hornbeck, Design and Cartography by David L. Fuller. Reviewed by Warren A. Beck.
- Madrid and the Spanish Economy, 1560-1850.
- By David R. Ringrose. Reviewed by William D. Phillips, Jr.
- As I Remember Poway: Memoirs of Mary van Dam.
- By Mary Augusta van Dam. Reviewed by Kama Webster.
- Forging New Rights in Western Waters.
- By Robert G. Dunbar. Reviewed by Lawrence B. Lee.
- Boat and Shipbuilding in San Diego.
- Cabrillo Historical Association. Reviewed by David G. Brierley.
- El Progresista, Periodico Semanario 1903-1904.
- Edited by David Pinera. Reviewed by Thomas E. Case.
- Rods, Bundles & Stitches: A Century of Southern California Indian Basketry.
- Edited by Paul A. Lopez and Christopher L. Moser.
- Guide to Research Collections of Former United States Senators 1789-1982.
- Edited by Kathryn Allamong Jacob.
- Filipinos: Forgotten Asian Americans: A Pictorial Essay.
- By Fred Cordova.
- An American Original: The Life of J. Frank Dobie.
- By Lon Tinkle.
- Indian Life at the Old Missions.
- By Edith Buckland Webb.
- A Desert Country Near the Sea: A Natural History of the Cape Region of Baja California.
- By Ann Zwinger.
- Oral History: A Guide for Teachers (and Others).
- By Thad Sitton, George L. Mehaffy, and O.L. Davis, Jr. Austin.
- Guide to Genealogical Research in the National Archives. Revised Edition.
- Washington: National Archives Trust Fund Board.
- Rock Art Papers, Volume I.
- Edited by Ken Hedges.
- Forts and Supplies: The Role of the Army in the Economy of the Southwest, 1846-1861.
- By Robert W. Frazer.
- California’s Utopian Colonies.
- By Robert V. Hine.
- Modern California Politics.
- By Jackson K. Putnam.
- The Gila Trail: The Texas Argonauts and the California Gold Rush.
- By Benjamin Butler Harris. Edited by Richard H. Dillon.
- The Craft of Public History: An Annotated Select Bibliography.
- Edited by David T. Trask and Robert W. Pomeroy III.
- Dude Ranching: A Complete History.
- By Lawrence. R. Borne.
This Journal issue was scanned by Robert Rael.