January 1, 1986
- The Changing Face of Mission San Diego
- By Norman Neuerberg
- The California Southern Railroad and the Growth of San Diego, Part 2
- By Douglas L. Lowell
- John Holt: A Case of Contrasts
- By Katheryn L. Clapperton
- Spain’s Colonial Outpost
- By John A. Schutz. Reviewed by Don E. Shannon.
- Junipero Serra: The Illustrated Story of the Franciscan Founder of California’s Missions.
- By Don DeNevi and Noel Francis Moholy. Reviewed by Raymond Starr. <
- In Love and War: The Story of a Family’s Ordeal and Sacrifice During the Vietnam Years.
- By Jim and Sybil Stockdale. Reviewed by Robert C. Detwiler.
- A.G. Spalding and the Rise of Baseball
- By Peter Levine. Reviewed by Dennis E. Berge.
- Live Again Our Mission Past.
- By George Kuska and Barbara Lane. Reviewed by Eleanor Neely.
- The Indians and the California Missions.
- By Linda Lyngheim. Reviewed by Eleanor Neely.
- Teacher’s Guide to La Purisima Mission.
- Reviewed by Eleanor Neely.
- One Hundred Years of Leadership and Service. Chinese Community Church Centennial Celebration.
- Chinese Community Church.
- Empires in the Sun: The Rise of the New American West.
- By Peter Wiley and Robert Gottlieb.
- Land of Savagery; Land of Promise: The European Image of the American Frontier in the Nineteenth Century.
- By Ray Allen Billington.
- Newspapers in California.
- By California State Library Foundation.
- The Southern Overland Routes: Cyclists’ Guide to a Major Scenic and Historic Route Through the Southwest.
- By Lowell Lindsay and Diana Lindsay.
- Mexico: A History.
- By Robert Ryal Miller.
- The Cave Paintings of Baja California.
- By Harry W. Crosby.
- Just Before Sunset.
- By Lora L. Cline.
- San Diego: Where California Began.
- By James R. Mills.
- A Bicentennial Compendium of Maynard J. Geiger’s The Life and Times of Fray Junipero Serra.
- By Francis J. Weber.
- Some Reminiscences about Fray Junipero Serra.
- Edited by Francis J. Weber.