The Journal of San Diego History
SAN DIEGO HISTORICAL SOCIETY QUARTERLY
Fall 1987, Volume 33, Number 4
Thomas L. Scharf, Editor
- The British Are Coming: or, The Army of India and the Founding of Ensenada.
- By Donald Chaput.
- The Duchess of Windsor and the Coronado Legend. Part I.
- By Benjamin Sacks.
- The Little Mission History at an Inch to the Foot.
- By Norman Nuerburg.
- Four Hundred Dollars Worth of Justice: The Trial and Execution of Indian Joe, 1892-1893
- By Clare V. McKanna, Jr.
- Los Tucsonenses: The Mexican Community in Tucson, 1854-1941.
- By Thomas E. Sheridan. Reviewed by Richard Griswold del Castillo.
- San Diego: A Pictorial History.
- By Raymond G. Starr. Reviewed by Gary F. Kurutz.
- Six Galleons for the King of Spain: Imperial Defense in the Early Seventeenth Century.
- By Carla Rahn Phillips. Reviewed by Harry Kelsey.
- Three Beams of Light: Chronicles of a Lighthouse Keeper’s Family.
- By Norma Engel. Reviewed by Ronald V. May.
- Rivers of Empire: Water, Aridity, and the Growth of the American West.
- By Donald Worster. Reviewed by Gregg R. Hennessey.
- Aviation: An Historical Survey from its Origins to the End of World War II.
- By Charles Harvard Gibbs-Smith.
- James Pattie’s West: The Dream and the Reality.
- By Richard Bateman.
- A Portrait of Fresno, 1885-1985.
- Edited by Sharon Hiigel and Maria Ortiz.
- The Rediscovery of the Pueblo De Las Canoas.
- By Ronald L. Rindge.
- Wild in the City. The Best of Zoonooz.
- Edited by Robert Wade.
- This Well-Wooded Land: Americans and Their Forests from Colonial Times to the Present.
- By Thomas R. Cox, Robert S. Maxwell, Phillip D. Thomas, and Joseph J. Malone.
- Indians of California: The Changing Image.
- By James Rawls.
- Newspaper Holdings of the California State Library.
- Compiled by Marianne Leach.
- Old Time Cattlemen and Other Pioneers of the Anza-Borrego Area.
- By Lester Reed.
- The Salvation Army Farm Colonies.
- By Clark C. Spence.