The Journal of San Diego History
SAN DIEGO HISTORICAL SOCIETY QUARTERLY
Summer 1988, Volume 34, Number 3
Thomas L. Scharf, Editor
- St Anthony’s Indian School in San Diego, 1886-1907.
- By Teresa Baksh McNeil.
- Seeker of Light and Shadow: Lou Adelaide Bigelow
- By Joan M. Mohr
- Harriett Barnhard Wimmer: A Pioneer San Diego Woman Landscape Architect.
- By Carol Greentree.
- Xantus: The Letters of John Xantus to Spencer Fullerton Baird from San Francisco and Cabo San Lucas 1859-1861.
- Edited by Ann H. Zwinger. Reviewed by Fabio A. Martinez.
- The History of El Cajon: Valley of Opportunity.
- By Eldonna P. Lay. Reviewed by Karna M. Webster.
- San Diego’s South Bay Interurban.
- By Ralph Forty. Reviewed by Theodore Kornweibel, Jr..
- The Women’s West.
- Edited and with Introductions by Susan Armitage and Elizabeth Jameson. Reviewed by Ronald J. Quinn.
- San Diego Originals: Profiles of the Movers and Shakers of Californias First Community.
- By Theodore W. Fuller. Reviewed by Terri Jacques.
- Across Boundaries: Transborder Interaction in Comparative Perspective.
- Edited by Oscar J. Martinez. Reviewed by Paul Ganster.
- Maquila. Assembly Plants in Northern Mexico.
- By Ellwyn R. Stoddard. Reviewed by Paul Ganster.
- Landmarks: A Survey of All Official Historic Landmarks in San Diego County.
- County of San Diego.
- Hotel del Coronado: The First Hundred Years.
- Hotel del Coronado.
- Fremont’s Private navy: The 1846 Journal of Captain William Dane Phelps.
- Edited by Briton Cooper Busch.
- The Elusive Eden: A New History of California.
- By Richard B. Rice, William A. Bullough, and Richard J. Orsi.
- California’s Maritime Heritage.
- By Martin P Riegel.
- California’s Cities, Towns and Counties, 1988.
- Edited by Edith R. Hornor.