The Journal of San Diego History
SAN DIEGO HISTORICAL SOCIETY QUARTERLY
Summer 1989, Volume 35, Number 3
Thomas L. Scharf, Editor
- Early Sculpture and Sculptors in San Diego
- By Bruce Kamerling
- Reading Between the Lines (Of A Business Ledger)
- By Beatrice Knott
- The Missions of California: A Legacy of Genocide.
- Edited by Rupert Costo and Jeanette Henry Costo. Reviewed by William E. Weeks.
- Brand Book Number Eight.
- Edited by Clifford M. Graves. Reviewed by Charles W. Hughes.
- Maps of the Pueblo Lands of San Diego, 1602-1874.
- By Neal Harlow. Reviewed by Ronald V. May.
- The Journey of Fray Marcos de Niza.
- By Cleve Hallenbeck.
- Jessie Benton Fremont: A Biography.
- By Pamela Herra.
- Report on the United States and Mexican Boundary Survey.
- By William H Emory.
- Gaspar de Portola: Explorer and Founder of California.
- By Boneu Companys.
- The Presidio and Militia on the Northern Frontier of New Spain: A Documentary History, Volume One: 1570-1700.
- Edited by Thomas H. Naylor and Charles W. Polzer.
- The Making of Urban America.
- Edited by Raymond A. Mohl.
- Mexican American Biographies: A Historical Dictionary, 1836-1987.
- By Matt S. Meier.
- Public Places: Exploring their History.
- By Gerald A. Danzer.