The Journal of San Diego History
SAN DIEGO HISTORICAL SOCIETY QUARTERLY
Fall 1990, Volume 36, Number 4
Richard W. Crawford, Editor
- The Southwest on Display at the Panama-California Exposition 1915
- by Richard W. Amero
- El Cajon, California 1900
- by Victor Geraci
- American Exodus: The Dust Bowl Migration and Okie Culture in California.
- By James N. Gregory. Reviewed by Jackson K. Putnam.
- Plain as a Pipestem: Essays About Local History
- By Carol Kammen. Reviewed by Raymond Starr.
- Ramona and Round About: A History of San Diego County’s Little Known Back Country.
- By Charles R. LeMenager. Reviewed by Karna Webster.
- San Diego Trivia
- By Evelyn Kooperman. Reviewed by Richard W. Crawford.
- Madam Ida and Other Gaslamp Tales
- By Henry Schwartz. Reviewed by Robert Carlton.
- Southern California’s Best Ghost Towns
- By Philip Varney. Reviewed by Ronald J. Quinn.
- The American West Transformed: The Impact of the Second World War.
- By Gerald D. Nash. Reviewed by Gregg R. Hennessey.
- History of San Diego County Land Surveying Experiences
- By Curtis M. Brown and Michael J. Pallamary. Reviewed by Howard O. Welty.
- Catherine: A San Diego Girl
- By Charlotte Taylor Rowe. Reviewed by Raymond Starr
- The “Californios” versus Jedediah Smith, 1826-1827: A New Cache of Documents
- By David J. Weber. Reviewed by Gregg R. Hennessey
- The Southwest Expeditions of Jedediah Smith: His Personal Account of the Journey to California, 1826-1827
- Edited, with an introduction by George R. Brooks. Reviewed by Gregg R. Hennessey
G. Aubrey Davidson, president of the exposition and ladies in electriquettes.