April 1, 1991
- Serving the City’s Children: San Diego City Schools, The First Fifty Years
- By Rudolph T. Shappee
- The Pueblo Lands: San Diego’s Spanish Heritage
- By Clare B. Crane
- Local History Materials in the Research Archives of the San Diego History Center
- By Richard W. Crawford, Susan A. Painter, and Sarah B. West
- Letters From the Southwest
- By Charles Lummis, edited by James W. Byrkit. Reviewed by Warren A. Beck
- Rancho Santa Margarita Remembered: An Oral History
- By Jerome W. Baumgartner. Reviewed by Shirley E. Stephenson.
- Encyclopedia of Frontier Biography
- By Dan L. Thrapp. Reviewed by Thomas G. Alexander.
- Mexican Americans: Leadership, Ideology, and Identity, 1930-1960
- By Mario T. Garcia. Reviewed by Michael Raul Ornelas.
- Five Views: An Ethnic Sites Survey for California.
- Sacramento: California State Department of Parks and Recreation.
- United States Naval Aviation, 1910-1980.
- Washington: Government Printing Office.
- The Final Challenge: The American Frontier, 1804-1845.
- By Dale Van Every.
- Historical Archaeology and Museum Interpretation: An Exemplary Course.
- By David G. Orr.
- The Rise of Los Angeles as an American Bibliographical Center.
- By Kevin Starr.