The Journal of San Diego History
SAN DIEGO HISTORICAL SOCIETY QUARTERLY
Winter 1991, Volume 37, Number 1
Richard W. Crawford, Editor
- Archaeological Excavation and Education at the San Diego Royal Presidio, 1987-1990
- by Brad Bartel
- David Owen Dryden, a Builder in the Craftsman Style
- by Donald Covington
- A Few More Pieces of the Puzzle: Collections Documenting San Diego History at the University of California, San Diego
- by Geoffrey B. Wexler
- Essays on Sunbelt Cities and Recent Urban America.
- Edited by Robert B. Fairbanks and Kathleen Underwood. Reviewed by Amy Bridges.
- Border: The U.S.-Mexico Line.
- By Leon C. Metz. Reviewed by Paul Ganster.
- Self-Destruction in the Promised Land: A Psychocultural Biology of American Suicide.
- By Howard I. Kushner. Reviewed by James H. Cassidy.
- Let There Be Towns: Spanish Municipal Origins in the American Southwest, 1610-1810.
- By Gilbert R. Cruz. Reviewed by Warren A. Beck.
Cover: San Diego Presidio Drawing
By an unknown artist, the Royal Presidio of San Diego in 1820. This drawing was discovered in 1982 by a researcher, Rev. Harry Morrison, in the Edward Vischer Papers at the Bancroft Library, Berkeley, California. Drawings of the presidios at San Francisco, Monterey, and Santa Barbara, were also found. Reproduced by courtesy of the Bancroft Library