July 1, 1992
- The Sacred and the Profane: The Restoration of Mission San Diego de Alcala 1866-1931
- By Alexander D. Bevil
- The Prince of Wales Visits San Diego: A Study in Perception
- By Richard G. Kurial
- Mercantile to MacDonald’s: Commercial Strips in San Diego
- By Anne V. O’Connor-Ruth
- La Frontera: The United States Border With Mexico.
- By Alan Weisman. Reviewed by Federico A. Sanchez.
- California in 1792: A Spanish Naval Visit.
- By Donald C. Cutter. Reviewed Miguel Dominguez.
- Historic Spots in California.
- By Mildred Brook Hoover, Hero Eugene Rensch, Ethyl Grace Rensch, William N. Abeloe. Reviewed by Leonard Pitt.
- Ted Williams: The Seasons of the Kid.
- By Richard Ben Cramer. Reviewed by James D. Smith III.
- California Classics: The Creative Literature of the Golden State.
- By Lawrence Clark Powell.
- Prominent Visitors to the California Missions 1786-1842.
- Compiled by Msgr. Francis J. Weber.
- Prime Sources of California and Nevada Local History: 151 Rare and Important City, County and State Directories, 1850-1906.
- By Richard Quebedeaux.
- San Diego’s Historic Gaslamp Quarter: Then and Now.
- By Susan H. Carrico and Kathleen Flanigan.
- California Bibliographies.
- By Msgr. Francis J. Weber.
- Love and War: Pearl Harbor Through V-J Day: World War II Letters and Later Reflections.
- By Robert and Jane Easton.
This electronic issue of the Journal was proofread by Patricia Pullenza.