January 1, 1994
- The Killing of Juan Diego: From Murder to Mythology
- By Phil Brigandi and John W. Robinson
- When the Lone Eagle Returned to San Diego
- By Gerald A. Shepherd
- Charles Russell Orcutt: Pioneer Naturalist
- By Anne D. Bullard
- San Diego’s Own Napoleons
- By John L. Vandegrift and Wayne Kenaston, Jr.
- Spanish Borderlands Sourcebooks. Vol. 3 and 4.
- Edited by Lowell J. Bean and Sylvia Brakke Vane. Reviewed by Richard L. Carrico.
- Antigua California: Mission and Colony on the Peninsular Frontier, 1697-1768.
- By Harry W. Crosby. Reviewed by Raymond Starr.
- The Destruction of California Indians: A Collection of Documents from the Period 1847 to 1865 in Which Are Described some of the Things that Happened to Some of the Indians of California.
- Edited By Robert F. Heizer. Reviewed by Gerald Horn.
- Bonanza West: The Story of the Western Mining Rushes, 1848-1900
- By William S. Greever. Reviewed by Carlos Larralde.
- The Final Voyage of the Central America, 1857
- By Normand E. Klare. Reviewed by Abraham Hoffman.
- Haunted San Diego: A Historic Guide To San Diego’s Favorite Haunts
- By Gail White. Reviewed by Roger W. Reeve.
- Mexico’s Regions: Comparative History and Development.
- Edited by Eric Van Young. Reviewed by Miguel Dominguez.
- Interpreting Local Culture and History
- Edited by J. Sanford Rikoon and Judith Austin. Reviewed by Vincent S. Ancona.
- Irving J. Gill, Architect
- By Bruce Kamerling. Reviewed by Vonn Marie May.