The Journal of San Diego History
SAN DIEGO HISTORICAL SOCIETY QUARTERLY
Winter 1995, Volume 41, Number 1
Richard W. Crawford, Editor
- This Was Paradise: Voices of the Pacific Coast League Padres, 1936-1958
- By William G. Swank and James D. Smith III
- From Grecian Columns to Spanish Towers: The Development of San Diego State College, 1922-1953
- By Alexander D. Bevil
- Southern California Gardens: An Illustrated History
- By Paul J. Zingg and Mark D. Medeiros. Reviewed by Frank Kern.
- Runs, Hits, and an Era: The Pacific Coast League, 1903-1958
- By Victoria Padilla. Reviewed by Lucy Warren.
- From Mission to Metropolis: Cupeño Indian Women in Los Angeles
- By Diana Meyers Bahr. Reviewed by Alan Kilpatrick.
- Indian Survival on the California Frontier
- By Albert L. Hurtado. Reviewed by Linda S. Parker.
- The Squatter and the Don
- By María Amparo Ruiz de Burton. Eds. Rosaura Sánchez and Beatrice Pita. Reviewed by Richard Griswold del Castillo.
- Overland With Kit Carson: A Narrative of the Old Spanish Trail in ’48
- By George Douglas Brewerton. Reviewed by Ray Brandes.
- The Flayed God: The Mythology of Mesoamerica: Sacred Texts and Images from Pre-Columbian Mexico and Central America
- By Roberta H. Markman and Peter T. Markman. Reviewed by Stephen A. Colston.
- Old Town. New Town: An Enjoyment of San Diego Jewish History
- By William M. Kramer, Editor. Reviewed by Lawrence Baron.
- The San Diego Trolley
- By Gena Holle. Reviewed by Karna Webster.
- The San Diego-La Jolla Underwater Park Ecological Reserve: A Field Guide, Vol. 1
- By Judith Lea Garfield. Reviewed by Patricia A. Schaelchlin.