- Visions of Paradise: The Selling of San Diego
- By Lucinda Eddy
- Religion and Society in Frontier California.
- By Laurie F. Maffly-Kipp. Reviewed by Ronald J. Quinn.
- Under Western Skies: Nature and History in the American West
- By Donald Worster. Reviewed by Thomas R. Cox.
- The Unpredictable Past: Explorations in American Cultural History
- By Lawrence W. Levine. Reviewed by Elliott R. Barkan.
- Handbook of Hispanic Cultures in the United States: Literature and Art
- Edited by Francisco Lomelí. Reviewed by Richard Griswold del Castillo.
- Building and Builders in Hispanic California, 1769-1850
- By By Mardith K. Schueltz-Miller. Reviewed by Jack S. Williams.
- The Pueblo Revolt of 1680: Conquest and Resistance in Seventeenth-Century New Mexico.
- By Andrew L. Knaut
- Memories of the Early Settlements: Dulzura, Potrero, and Campo.
- By Ella McCain.
- Mexican Manuscript Painting of the Early Colonial Period: The Metropolitan Schools.
- By Donald Robertson.
- Sharing the Desert: The Tohono O’odham in History.
- By Winston P. Erickson.
- Arizona: A History.
- By Thomas E. Sheridan.