The Journal of San Diego History
SAN DIEGO HISTORICAL SOCIETY QUARTERLY
Winter 1996, Volume 42, Number 1
Richard W. Crawford, Editor
- Frank P. Allen, Jr.: His Architectural and Horticultural Imprint on San Diego
- By Kathleen Flanigan
- The Park Brickyard Company
- By Alexander D. Bevil
- The Island of California: A History of the Myth
- By Dora Beale Polk. Reviewed by Harry Kelsey.
- Forging History: The Detection of Fake Letters & Documents
- By Kenneth W. Rendell. Reviewed by Martha E. McPhail.
- César Chávez: A Triumph of Spirit
- By Richard Griswold del Castillo and Richard A. García. Reviewed by Arthur Ramirez.
- Endangered Dreams: The Great Depression in California
- By Dora By Kevin Staff. Reviewed by Raymond Starr.
- Letters from Wupatki.
- By Courtney Reeder Jones.
- When Descanso Was Young: Early Settlers and Ranchers [of] Descanso 1845-1947.
- By Beryl Newman.
- Index to the Memoirs of Ed Fletcher.
- Compiled by Joseph Arambarri.
- Flutes of Fire: Essays on California Indian Languages.
- By Leanne Hinton.
- Arthur Hill: Western Actor, Miner, and Law Officer.
- By John Moring.