The Journal of San Diego History
SAN DIEGO HISTORICAL SOCIETY QUARTERLY
Summer 1997, Volume 43, Number 3
Richard W. Crawford, Editor
- Sociopolitical aspects of the 1775 revolt at Mission San Diego de Alcala: an ethnohistorical approach
- by Richard L. Carrico
- Luisa Moreno and the Beginnings of the Mexican American Civil Rights Movement in San Diego
- by Carlos Larralde and Richard Griswold del Castillo
- The Urban Layout of Old Town San Diego
- by Antonio Padilla-Corona; English translation by Suzette Falk
San Diego Documents
- “My Dear Lilla,” Marston Family Letters from 1870s San Diego
- by George P. and Harriett Marston; edited by Gregg Hennessey
- Indians and Indian Agents: The Origins of the Reservation System in California, 1849-1852.
- By George Harwood Phillips. Reviewed by Richard L. Carrico.
- Utopia and Dissent: Art, Poetry, and Politics in California.
- By Richard Candida Smith. Reviewed by Clare Colquitt.
- Single Mothers and Their Children: Disposal, Punishment and Survival in Australia.
- By Shurlee Swain and Renate Howe. Reviewed by Patricia A. Washington.
- Policing the Elephant: Crime, Punishment, and Social Behavior on the Overland Trail.
- By John Phillip Reid. Reviewed by Mark R. Ellis, Ph.D.