The Journal of San Diego History
SAN DIEGO HISTORICAL SOCIETY QUARTERLY
Winter 1998, Volume 44, Number 1
Richard W. Crawford, Editor
- Samuel Parsons Finds Xanadu in San Diego
- By Richard W. Amero
- A Significant Sentence Upon the Earth: Irving J. Gill, Progressive Architect Part II: Creating a Sense of Place
- By Sarah J. Schaffer
- A Turning Point: The Conception and Realization of Chicano Park
- By Kevin Delgado
- Talons of the Eagle: Dynamics of U.S.-Latin American Relations.
- By Peter H. Smith. Reviewed by Emily S. Rosenberg.
- Post-Suburbia: Government and Politics in the Edge Cities.
- By Jon C. Teaford. Reviewed by Andrew Wiese.
- Dr. Strangelove’s America: Society and Culture in the Atomic Age.
- By Margot A. Henriksen. Reviewed by Norman Rosenberg.
- Homicide, Race, and Justice in the American West, 1880-1920.
- By Clare V. McKanna. Reviewed by David A. Johnson.