The Journal of San Diego History
SAN DIEGO HISTORICAL SOCIETY QUARTERLY
Winter 1999, Volume 45, Number 1
Richard W. Crawford, Editor
- The Magonista Revolt in Baja California: Capitalist Conspiracy or Rebelion de los Pobres?
- by Lawrence D. Taylor
- The Marine Mammal Protection Act and its Role in the Decline of San Diego’s Tuna Fishing Industry
- by Mark Schoell
- Morning Glories: Municipal Reform in the Southwest.
- By Amy Bridges. Reviewed by Gregg R. Hennessey.
- The Other Side: Journeys in Baja California.
- By Judy Goldstein Botello. Reviewed by Sharon L. DuBois.
- Forster vs. Pico: The Struggle for the Rancho Santa Margarita.
- By Paul Bryan Gray. Reviewed by Robert J. Chandler.
- Sometimes There is No Other Side: Chicanos and the Myth of Equality.
- By Rudolfo F. Acuna. Reviewed by Richard Griswold del Castillo.
- The Power of God Against the Guns of Government: Religious Upheaval in Mexico at the Turn of the Nineteenth Century.
- By Paul J. Vanderwood. Reviewed by Terry Rugeley.