The Journal of San Diego History
SAN DIEGO HISTORICAL SOCIETY QUARTERLY
Winter 2003, Volume 49, Number 1
Gregg Hennessey, Editor
- Reclamation and Preservation: The San Diego Chinese Mission, 1927-1996
- By Leland Saito, Ph.D.
- The U.S.-Mexican War in San Diego, 1846-1847
- By Richard Griswold del Castillo
- The American West: The Invention of a Myth.
- Murdoch, David Hamilton. Reviewed by Todd Leahy.
- Religion in the Modern American West.
- By Ferenc Morton Szasz. Reviewed by Todd Kerstetter.
- Spain in the Southwest: A Narrative History of Colonial New Mexico, Arizona, Texas and California.
- By By John L. Kessell. Reviewed by Edward J. Dudlo.
- “¡Mi Raza Primero!”: Nationalism, Identity, and Insurgency in the Chicano Movement in Los Angeles, 1966-1978
- By Ernesto Chávez. Reviewed by Richard Griswold del Castillo.
- Operation Gatekeeper: The Rise of the “Illegal Alien” and the Making of the U.S.-Mexico Boundary.
- By Joseph Nevins. Reviewed by Natalia Molina.
- Guatemala’s Folk Saints: Maximon/San Simon, Rey Pascual, Judas, Lucifer, and others.
- By Jim Pieper. Reviewed by Paul Vanderwood.
- Unmasking L.A.: Third Worlds and the City.
- Edited by Deepak Narang Sawnhey. Reviewed by Mark Wild.
Front Cover image
Chinese Mission & Dormitory program. 85:15347
All material in the print and on-line versions of The Journal of San Diego History is protected by © copyright, San Diego Historical Society.