January 1, 2005
- Front and Back Matter
- One Hundred Years Ago : Two Days in San Francisco—1906
- by Laurence M. Klauber
- San Diego’s Bygone Burlesque: The Famous Hollywood Theatre
- by Jaye Furlonger
- A Gothic Architect in San Diego:
Philip H. Frohman and the New St. Paul’s Church, 1906-1966
- by William A. Koelsch
- Book Reviews
- Index to Volume 49, nos. 3 & 4, and Volume 50
- Complete Journal Issue 3.75Mb
- Errata from print version corrected for this on-line version
Publication of The Journal of San Diego History has been partially funded by a generous grant from the Quest for Truth Foundation of Seattle, Washington, established by the late James G. Scripps; and Peter Janopaul, Anthony Block and their family of companies, working together to preserve San Diego’s history and architectural heritage.
Publication of this issue of The Journal of San Diego History has been supported by a grant from The Journal of San Diego History Fund of the San Diego Foundation.
Back cover: Fallen statue of Swiss scientist Louis Agassiz, Stanford University, April 1906. Courtesy of the California Historical Society, FN-32903. Agassiz visited San Diego in 1873, praising its perfect latitude.
The San Diego History Center is able to share the resources of four museums and its extensive collections with the community through generous support from the following: City of San Diego Commission for Art and Culture; County of San Diego; foundation and government grants; individual and corporate memberships; corporate sponsorships and donation bequests; sales from museum stores and reproduction prints from the Booth Historical Photograph Archives; admissions; and proceeds from fund-raising events.
Articles appearing in The Journal of San Diego History are abstracted and indexed in Historical Abstracts and America: History and Life.
All material in the print and on-line versions of The Journal of San Diego History is protected by copyright, © San Diego History Center.