The Journal of San Diego History
Winter/Spring 2007, Volume 52, Numbers 1 & 2
Iris H. W. Engstrand & Molly McClain, Editors

Front and Back Matter
Bouquet of Roses: The Stories Behind San Diego Places Named for Louis Rose 
Donald H. Harrison
Craft Beer in San Diego Society 
Ernie Liwag
Thomas Wolcott Sefton: Collector, Banker, Benefactor
Iris H. W. Engstrand
The Need for Water: The Federal Government and the Growth of San Diego, 1940-1955
Scott Alexander Fraser
Exhibit Review: Phase 2: Place of Promise
Nicholas Vega, Senior Curator
Book Reviews
Complete Journal Issue  5.0Mb

Publication of The Journal of San Diego History has been partially funded by generous grants from the Joseph W. Sefton Foundation; Quest for Truth Foundation of Seattle, Washington, established by the late James G. Scripps; and an anonymous friend and supporter of the Journal.

Publication of this issue of The Journal of San Diego History has also been supported by a grant from The Journal of San Diego History Fund of the San Diego Foundation.

front cover    back cover

Front Cover: Robinson-Rose House built in Old Town San Diego in 1874; presently the Old Town San Diego State Historic Park Visitors Center.

Back Cover: Thomas Sefton with his collection of toy trains, September 4, 1958.

Cover design: Allen Wynar

The San Diego History Center is able to share the resources of four museums and its extensive collections with the community through the generous support of the following: City of San Diego Commission for Art and Culture; County of San Diego; foundation and government grants; individual and corporate memberships; corporate sponsorship and donation bequests; sales from museum stores and reproduction prints from the Booth Historical Photograph Archives; admissions; and proceeds from fund-raising events.

Articles appearing in The Journal of San Diego History are abstracted and indexed in Historical Abstracts and America: History and Life.

All material in the print and on-line versions of The Journal of San Diego History is protected by copyright, © San Diego History Center.