July 1, 2008
The Journal of San Diego History
SAN DIEGO HISTORICAL SOCIETY QUARTERLY
Summer 2008, Volume 54, Number 3
Iris H. W. Engstrand & Molly McClain, Editors
Theodore Strathman & David Miller, Review Editors
- Front and Back Matter
- SDHC Director’s Message
- David Kahn
- San Diego Olives: Origins of a California Industry
- Nancy Carol Carter
- National City in Pictures
- Steven Schoenherr
- A National City Investor: Theron Parsons (1805-1893)
- Molly McClain
- National City Public Library: An Early History
- Matthew Nye
- New Life for an Old House: A Community Legacy in National City
- Iris Engstrand
- Book Reviews
- Complete Journal Issue 4.4Mb
Publication of The Journal of San Diego History has been partially funded by generous grants from the Joseph W. Sefton Foundation; Quest for Truth Foundation of Seattle, Washington, established by the late James G. Scripps; and an anonymous friend and supporter of the Journal.
Publication of this issue of The Journal of San Diego History has also been supported by a grant from The Journal of San Diego History Fund of the San Diego Foundation.
Front Cover: A collage of modern photos by Steven Schoenherr of the restored Oliver H. Noyes house built in National City in 1896.
Back Cover: The restored Frank Kimball house built in 1868-69 was the first house in National City. Photo by Steven Schoenherr.
Cover design: Allen Wynar
The San Diego History Center is able to share the resources of four museums and its extensive collections with the community through the generous support of the following: City of San Diego Commission for Art and Culture; County of San Diego; foundation and government grants; individual and corporate memberships; corporate sponsorship and donation bequests; sales from museum stores and reproduction prints from the Booth Historical Photograph Archives; admissions; and proceeds from fund-raising events.
Articles appearing in The Journal of San Diego History are abstracted and indexed in Historical Abstracts and America: History and Life.
All material in the print and on-line versions of The Journal of San Diego History is protected by copyright, © San Diego History Center.