The Journal of San Diego History
San Diego History Center Quarterly
Winter / Spring 2011, Volume 57, Number 1 & 2
Iris H.W. Engstrand and Molly McClain, Editors
Theodore Strathman and David Miller, Review Editors
The History of the Resilient San Diego Rowing Club
The Casa and The Don: Juan Bandini’s Quest for Homeland in Early San Diego
The Role of Cemeteries in Historical Research: The Curious Case of Pioneer Park
The Mischief Record of “La Gobernadora” Amelia Stone Quinton, Charles Fletcher Lummis and the Warner Ranch Indian Removal
Valerie Sherer Mathes and Phil Brigandi
Publication of The Journal of San Diego History is underwritten by a major grant from the Quest for Truth Foundation, established by the late James G. Scripps. Additional support is provided by “The Journal of San Diego Fund” of the San Diego Foundation and private donors.
Front Cover: San Diego Rowing Club 1906. From H.R. Fitch photo, SDHC # 1685-1
Back Cover: University of San Diego women rowers win the 2010 WCC Championship on Lake Natoma near Sacramento. Photo courtesy of University of San Diego Athletic Department.
San Diego History Center is able to share the resources of its museums and its extensive collections with the community through the generous support of the following: City of San Diego Commission for Art and Culture; County of San Diego; foundation and government grants; individual and corporate memberships; corporate sponsorship and donation bequests; sales from museum stores and reproduction prints from the Booth Historical Photograph Archives; admissions; and proceeds from fund-raising events.
Articles appearing in The Journal of San Diego History are abstracted and indexed in Historical Abstracts and America: History and Life.
All material in the print and on-line versions of The Journal of San Diego History is protected by copyright, © San Diego History Center.