Renew or upgrade your San Diego History Center Membership
As a past member, your generous support enables us to fulfill our mission to educate and enrich our community, preserve our history, and foster civic pride. We thank you.
In an effort to better serve our members we have created a new and improved membership program. This plan is designed to provide fun and engaging ways for you to connect with and contribute to our past, present, and future.
You support enables us to:
- Enhance and preserve the San Diego History Center and Junípero Serra Museum
- Present award-winning exhibitions and public programs focused on our region’s unique stories
- Provide educational resources for students including School in the Park
- Deliver public and educational programs that reach over 150,000 families/students
- Preserve millions of historic artifacts and archival collections for future generations to enjoy
Membership Levels & Benefits
|Community||Club 250||Premier||Founders Circle|
|Join Now||Join Now||Join Now||View Options|
|Unlimited complimentary admission to the San Diego History Center,Research Archives & Junípero Serra Museum||•||•||•||•|
|Guest passes to share||4||6||8||10|
|Discount on Research Archives services||•||•||•||•|
|Invitations to members-only events and exhibition previews||•||•||•||•|
|Subscription to The Journal of San Diego History||•||•||•||•|
|Subscription to The Times publication||•||•||•||•|
|Subscription to San Diego History Center NOW! e-newsletter newsletter keeping you informed of current events & exhibitions||•||•||•||•|
|Reciprocal admission to hundreds of museums across the country
North American Reciprocal Museum Association
Reciprocal Organization of Associated Museums
|Free admission or discounts for San Diego History Center premium programs & events||•||•||•||•|
|15% off at the San Diego History Center Museum Store||•||•||•||•|
|The Big Exchange Reciprocal membership with 30 other San Diego arts & cultural organizations in the month of May. Benefits vary annually||•||•||•||•|
|San Diego History Center commemorative pin||•||•||•||•|
|Smithsonian Affiliate membership benefits Includes Smithsonian Magazine, discounts at Smithsonian gift shops, restaurants,& catalogs. Members-only travel programs, study tours & special events. Smithsonian Affiliate||•||•||•|
|Invitations to exclusive Club 250 Member networking events & socials||•||•||•|
|San Diego 250 commemorative pin||•||•||•|
|San Diego Memories I & II Historic images of San Diego books||Choose 1||Both||Both|
|Subscription to San Diego Magazine||•||•||•|
|One-time, behind-the-scenes tour for up to four visitors at the San Diego History Center & Research Archives||•||•|
|Balboa Park: Jewel of San Diego DVD||•||•|
|10% off facility rentals at the San Diego History Center & Junípero Serra Museum||•||•|
|Special individualized benefits for our Founders see Founders Benefits||•|
|Join Club 250 in 2019 as we commemorate the 250th anniversary of the founding of contemporary San Diego!|
Make History by Joining The Founders Circle
Founder’s Circle members provide greater support for the museum’s exhibitions, public programs, educational outreach, and publications. Being a part of the exclusive Founder’s Circle means that you directly help preserve and grow our programs and our extensive collections for future generations.
Founders Circle Levels
In addition to receiving all of the premier member benefits, Founder’s Circle members will also receive:
- Exclusive parties and one-of-a-kind events for Founder’s Circle members (based on level)
- Special invitations to History Center programs including VIP receptions
- Special recognition throughout the year
- One 11”x14” printed historic photo from our photo archives
- 20% discount in the San Diego History Center Store
- Tax write-offs commensurate with level of givin
Looking for a Digital Option?
Friend $50 | Join Now
History Center Friends stay up to date and recieve digital publications for 1 year!
Stay informed about current events & exhibitions with the San Diego History Center NOW! e-newsletter, recieve exclusive invitations, and enjoy digital subscriptions to The Journal of San Diego and The Times publication.
Four easy ways to join!
- Online: Choose from the membership options above
- Call: 619-232-6203 X126 or e-mail email@example.com
- Mail: Print the attached form, and mail to Membership Department 1649 El Prado, Suite 3, San Diego, CA 92101 Membership Form (pdf)
- On site: At the History Center in Balboa Park or the Serra Museum in Presidio Park