Multi-Session Virtual Programs
San Diego History Makers: Examine primary source materials from the SDHC collection to discover influential San Diegans and become a living history exhibit. Engage in discussion to answer “What is a History Maker?” and “How can I be a History Maker?”
San Diego, Here I Come: Explore primary sources that illuminate the experiences of San Diego citizens over time to uncover the reasons people have come to settle in our region from 1850 to the present day. Discuss the experiences of contemporary and historic San Diegans to discover if these experiences have changed over time.
Listen Up! Youth Oral History Workshop: Discover the importance of oral histories and the unique role they play in documenting and understanding our past, hear examples of fascinating oral histories in the History Center’s permanent collection and learn how to conduct your own Oral History.
Important information about programs from SDHC:
- A program request is not a confirmation of your program. Programs are confirmed after communication regarding date, time, and topic, and receipt of $10 reservation fee.
- The suggested per student fee is $5; grant funding for educational programs is available.
- Each virtual session and classroom outreach is approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour in duration and each onsite field trip is approximately 1 1/2 hours.
- Maximum capacity for programs is 25 students per session; multiple visits and sessions can be scheduled to reach all students.
- We require at least 1 adult per 8 students for grades K-8 and at least 1 adult per 10 students for grades 9-12.
All programs include optional pre- and post-session bridging materials and activities to enhance student learning. All programs combine whole group exploration, small group discussion, and individual reflection, with short brain breaks built in. We can customize programs to meet your students’ needs! Submit a request to start the conversation!