Single-Session Virtual Programs
History At Home: History is all around you! Learn the skills of a historian, compare primary sources from the SDHC collection, and discover the photos, objects, and stories in your own home.
Stories of San Diego: Discover San Diego’s early beginnings and how the history of San Diego is reflected in our culture today by exploring the changes that have occurred here over time.
San Diego Before Statehood: Journey back in time and explore Presidio Park to reveal the daily life of the Kumeyaay, the Spanish, and the Mexican inhabitants of early California.
Mapping Balboa Park: Explore the buildings and features that form the foundation of the modern Park. Use the tools of a historian to learn about Balboa Park, then and now!
Important information about programs from SDHC:
- A program request is not a confirmation of your program. Programs are confirmed after communication regarding date, time, and topic, and receipt of $10 reservation fee.
- The suggested per student fee is $5; grant funding for educational programs is available.
- Each virtual session and classroom outreach is approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour in duration and each onsite field trip is approximately 1 1/2 hours.
- Maximum capacity for programs is 25 students per session; multiple visits and sessions can be scheduled to reach all students.
- We require at least 1 adult per 8 students for grades K-8 and at least 1 adult per 10 students for grades 9-12.
All programs include optional pre- and post-session bridging materials and activities to enhance student learning. All programs combine whole group exploration, small group discussion, and individual reflection, with short brain breaks built in. We can customize programs to meet your students’ needs! Submit a request to start the conversation!