SDHC now offers a variety of programs for adult groups of all sizes!
Community Historian Lectures:
Community Historians are trained volunteers and staff who bring their passion for San Diego history to your community meetings and organizations through informative talks. Our speakers can introduce visitors and tourists to San Diego history or else dive deep into the details of a unique San Diego topic.
Program presentations are illustrated with historic photos and documents from our Research Archives. View the current list of lecture topics here
Junipero Serra Museum and Presidio Ruins: take a look at the several cultures that have occupied Presidio Hill and examine its various uses over time – as village, presidio, and historic park. Note: this tour covers varied and uneven terrain and includes stairs.
Gallery Highlights: explore the major components and themes of the current exhibitions at the San Diego History Center in Balboa Park
Balboa Park History Stroll: using photographs from the History Center collections, this easy-paced stroll through the Park reveals intriguing aspects of its past and its vibrant present as the nation’s largest urban cultural park.
Self-Guided Museum Visit: Visit the museum during open hours and explore at your own pace!
Important information about programs from SDHC:
- Program requests must be received at least 2 weeks prior to the requested program date
- Each lecture or tour is approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour in duration
- Minimum group size for programs is 10 participants
- Maximum capacity for onsite programs is 20 participants per session; multiple visits and sessions can be scheduled to reach all participants
- The per person fee for tours is $20 for general visitors and $15 for SDHC members
- The requested per lecture fee is $150
Want to check out one of our monthly Community Historian presentations? Join us for San Diego 101 via Zoom each second Tuesday of the month. Visit our Events page for information and to register.