SAN DIEGO HISTORY CENTER
THE SAN DIEGO HISTORY CENTER, located in the heart of historic Balboa Park, features engaging exhibitions that will enhance any event party or celebration. A beautiful and spacious venue, our museum offers a grand Atrium, Theater, Conference Room and nine galleries. The museum is ideal for weddings, cocktail receptions, social hours, meetings and fundraisers. An event at the San Diego History Center means surrounding yourself in our elegant venue while celebrating and enjoying the company of coworkers, friends and family.
For information on holding an event at the History Center: Special Event Brochure (pdf)
For additional information and to schedule a consultation: firstname.lastname@example.org or 619-232-6203 x109.
SPECIAL EVENT & WEDDING PRICING
|VENUE||SEATED||STANDING||RENTAL FEE||RENTAL TIME|
|San Diego History Center Atrium (Sunday through Thursday)||130 people||250 people||$3,800|
|San Diego History Center Atrium (Friday or Saturday, Holidays)||130 people||250 people||$4,400|
|Thornton Theater||50 theater style; 30-40 conference style||100 people||$900|
|Hans & Margaret Doe Education Center Conference Room||15 people||N/A||$400|
|*All prices are subject to change*|
|Set-Up & Break-Down Fees||Included|
|Cleaning Fee (Pre & Post Cleaning)||Included|
|Additional Facility Cleaning Fee||$100/hour|
|A/V Equipment – Thornton Theater only||Included|
|A/V Equipment – DEC only||$20/hour|
|Security||2 Security Guards per 8 hour rental|
1 Security Guard per 4 hour rental
|Additional Security||$23/per hour per Security Guard|
|50 — Conference Chairs||Included|
|6 — 6’ Tables||Included|
|Stage (4’L x 4’W x 1½”H)||Included|
|Basic Black Linens||Included|
|6 Additional Tables with Linens||$75|
We work with excellent vendors who can help create an extraordinary event. We are proud to work with a trusted network of Preferred Caterers, who are required to be used for your food, beverage and bar service. All of our Preferred Caterers provide the highest level of quality service for our clients, abide by museum catering policies and hold the proper licensing.
For a full list of Preferred Partners: Preferred Partners (pdf)
For more information: FAQs
If you have more questions, we would love to talk with you. Contact us: email@example.com or 619 -232-6203 x109.
CORPORATE CONCIERGE PACKAGES
Don’t have the time to plan your event? Let us do it for you!
- Our Events Team will work with you to create a unique package for your event that fits within your budget and fulfills your aspirations.
- Our relationships with our Preferred Vendors means that you will receive great quality and cost-effective service.
GROUP TOURS & SPEAKERS
Immerse yourself in our shared community history!
- Gallery Highlight Tours: Explore our history and entertain your guests with an exclusive “behind the scenes” docent tour through our intriguing exhibitions.
- Walking Tours of Balboa Park: Explore outside the walls of the museum and gain a greater understanding of the fascinating history of Balboa Park.
- Learn from one of our talented and knowledgeable Speakers Bureau lecturers.
Surprise your guests with a unique gift bag from our Museum Store!
- From nostalgic gifts to San Diego memorabilia, fascinating books and exhibition-related collectibles, our store provides a place to wow guests with a one-of-a-kind take away from your event.
- Buy historic photographs of your organization, neighborhood or favorite past time from our collection of millions of historic photographs.
- We’ll work with your theme and your budget to create a special gift.
For more information on the above special packages: firstname.lastname@example.org or 619-232-6203 x 109.