San Diego History Center Membership Benefits
Since 1928, the San Diego History Center has been preserving San Diego’s treasures and its stories. As a member, you support the vital work of one of California’s oldest and largest historical organizations. Your San Diego History Center membership includes numerous great benefits!
GENERAL BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
- Gracious welcome upon arrival to the San Diego History Center in Balboa Park and the Serra Museum in Presidio Park
- Access to the Research Archives in Balboa Park
- Invites to members-only events and exhibition previews
- Subscription to The Times newsletter
- Use of the services at the Balboa Art Conservation Center
- On History Center programs, events, and research archives services
- 15% off at The History Store
- 10% off facility rentals at the San Diego History Center and Serra Museum
- Discounts at several local businesses (see below for more details)
- Subscription to San Diego History Center NOW! newsletter to keep you informed of current events at the History Center.
MEMBER BUSINESS DISCOUNTS
Available with all San Diego History Center memberships
Use your membership card to take advantage of these benefits or check out discounts and updates in emails from the History Center. Make sure we have your email on file to ensure you don’t miss out!
- 15% off at the Village Hat Shop
- 20% off The Dana Resort (including food and beverages)
- 20% off at Hotel Indigo
- 10% off at Mission Hills Nursery
- 10% off at Nature Hills Nursery
SMITHSONIAN AFFILIATE MEMBERSHIP
Smithsonian Affiliate Membership Benefits
Available with Leadership Circle Levels (Scholar’s Circle and above)
- Smithsonian membership card
- One year free subscription to Smithsonian Magazine
- 10% discount on Smithsonian Folkways Recording
- 10% discount on all IMAX tickets at the Smithsonian
- Online benefits from the Smithsonian
- Discount on online classes: The Great Courses
- Reciprocal admission benefits at participating Smithsonian Affiliate Institutions (see below for more details)
RECIPROCAL ADMISSION TO HUNDREDS OF MUSEUMS
Available at the Associate Level and above
Do you frequently travel? Your San Diego History Center membership may entitle you to free admission, store discounts and more at museums where you plan to visit! Your membership card is all you need to take advantage of this benefit.
- NARM (North American Reciprocal Museums) entitles members from participating NARM institutions to free/member admission during regular museum hours, member discounts at museum shops and discounts on concert/lecture tickets. Click here for participating museums.
- ROAM (Reciprocal Organization of Associated Museums) allows members to take their benefits with them when they travel to other participating museums including general admission for two and discounts in stores and restaurants. Click here for participating museums.
- Time Travelers is a reciprocal membership network of historical sites and museums throughout the United States. Benefits may include free or reduced admission, gift shop discounts, free parking and much more. Click here for participating institutions.
- Smithsonian Affiliate Reciprocal Membership Program is a network of Smithsonian Affiliate museums and educational organizations. Members are entitled to the following privileges at participating Affiliates: free admission, member discounts on purchases made on the premises for concert and lecture tickets and discounts in the gift store. Click here for participating institutions. (Scholar’s Circle members and above)
Please note: Reciprocal admission and benefits do not apply to other museums in San Diego County.