(Documentary Artifact): One b/w negative of a view Frank Bird getting water with a metal pail from Kane Spring. Harvey and Stanley Davis in horse-drawn wagon are in background.
Notes on negative envelope:
86:15900-128/ DAVIS COLLECTION/ 86 DUP/ WATERING AT/ CANE SPRINGS/ 1904
According to additional information provided on 10/2011 by Ken Hedges, Emeritus Curator of California Collections, San Diego Museum of Man and a member of the E.H. Davis Project Scholar Advisory Committee: ‘Cane Springs’ is Kane Spring, in the San Felipe Creek drainage about 4 miles east of Harpers Well and 4 miles west of Salton Sea. Formerly known as San Anselmo, it was a stop on the Anza Expedition. The site has also been known as Cane Spring with Kane being the primary spelling.