COMMUNITY RESEARCH ACCESS DAYS
Community Research Days are reserved for students and community members needing to access our materials. For commercial researchers or consultants, please visit https://sandiegohistory.org/research_services/
Community members and students have the opportunity to physically access the Research Archives four times per year during one of the scheduled Community Research Access Days.
Please see program details and make a reservation request here:
HERE IS HOW IT WORKS:
- Please choose one 3-hour session (morning or afternoon). There is limited space in each session, and we have set aside spots exclusively for SDHC members. Completing the form secures your spot.
- Identify the resources you would like to use before coming to the History Center. You may search the following resources to identify the materials you want before arriving for your appointment:
Archival collections finding aids:
Community Research Day Saturday January 21, 2023
The San Diego History Center is happy to welcome community researchers to our Special Collections!
- If you must cancel your spot, please let us know as soon as possible so we may designate your spot to someone on the waiting list.
- Community Research Days are meant to provide broad physical access to the Research Archives regardless of an individual’s ability to pay. A three-hour research period would normally cost $270. These sessions are available for a suggested $20 donation, which helps ensure the sustainability of the History Center to preserve the collections.
- Please note, patrons are required to wear masks while within the Research Archives, regardless of vaccination status.