San Diego History Center in Balboa Park
Open Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday 11 am – 4 pm
Junipero Serra Museum in Presidio Park
Friday, July 23: 11am – 4pm
Saturday, July 24: 11am – 4pm
Sunday, July, 25: 11am – 4pm
Friday, July 30: 11am – 4pm
Saturday, July 31 : 11am – 2pm*
Sunday August 1: 11am – 4pm
Friday, August 6: 11am – 4pm
Saturday, August 7 : 11am – 2pm*
Sunday, August 8: 11am – 4pm
Friday, August 13: 11am – 4pm
Saturday, August 14 : 11am – 2pm*
Sunday, August 15: 11am – 4pm
Friday, August 20: 11am – 4pm
Saturday, August 21 : 11am – 2pm*
Sunday, August 22: 11am – 4pm
*Adjusted to accommodate private event.
For Museum Public Visitors
Effective June 15, 2021: The State of California and County of San Diego
have modified the COVID-19 Guidance as follows:
- Occupancy levels are restored.
- Social Distancing is not required but recommended.
- Masks are not required for fully vaccinated guests. Masks are recommended.
- Masks ARE REQUIRED for guests who are not fully vaccinated. NOTE: The San Diego History Center will not require guests to attest or verify vaccine status. By entering the museum without a mask, you are attesting that you are fully vaccinated and are not exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19.
- If you are exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19 OR do not feel well and healthy, please do not enter.
- The History Center will maintain sneeze guard barriers on Welcome Desk as well as hand sanitizing stations.
Thank you for your cooperation as we work to ensure a safe and enjoyable visit to our museums.
New Virtual Presentations Scheduled for This Month
San Diego During WWII
This talk will address how the rapid expansion of both military and manufacturing jobs affected day to day life San Diego and whether the title “America’s Finest City” would have applied to the city during World War II.