Panama-California Exposition ~ San Diego ~ 1915-1916
Exposition Postcards ~ Postcard Index ~ Poster Cards
Exposition Cancels ~ Rare Exposition Postcards ~ Exposition Postcards by Allen Wright
Criteria for inclusion of postcards in the Panama-California Exposition Postcard index are based on American Exposition Postcards, 1870-1920 by Frederic & Mary Megson, copyright ©1992
- Exposition logo, name or view on front, issued before the close of the Exposition.
- Views of officers or committees in charge.
- Proposed sites for the exposition.
- Booster cards promoting the forthcoming fair, when the ad or the Exposition logo appears on the front.
- Ground-breaking ceremonies.
- Invitations to prospective visitors.
- Contemporary views of Exposition buildings, grounds, statuary, etc.
- Studio photos of visitors taken on the grounds.
- Advertising by concessionaires of the exhibits they expect to have there, with the Exposition view, name or logo on the front.
- Regular commercial advertising postcards handed out at a concessionaire’s booth, with the Exposition logo or title overprinted or rubberstamped on the front.
- “Walkers'” cards (presumably sold for a time at the fair) e.g., “San Diego to New York”.
- Automobile races terminating at the Exposition.
- Cards promoting Expositions which never received sufficient backing to be opened to the public such as “San Diego’s Centennial Exposition”.
- Non-pictorial cards (all-types) conforming to any of the above categories.
- Commercially made sets of real photo views of the Exposition, with or without numbers.
Exposition Home | Postcard Tour | Postcard Index | Expo Map | History | Acknowledgements