The Journal of San Diego History
SAN DIEGO HISTORICAL SOCIETY QUARTERLY
Fall 1978, Volume 24, Number 4
Thomas L. Scharf, Managing Editor
- The Garrisons of San Diego Presidio: 1770-1794
- By Bill Mason
- Before the War: The Japanese In San Diego
- By Donald H. Estes
- Helen Hunt Jackson In San Diego
- By Evelyn I. Banning
- Views across the Border: The United States and Mexico
- By Stanley R. Ross. Reviewed by Oscar J. Martínez
- Mexico’s Miguel Caldera: The Taming of Ameríca’s First Frontier (1548-1597)
- By Philip Wayne Powell. Reviewed by Stephen A. Colston.
- The Southwest Expedition of Jedediah S. Smith: His Personal Account of the Journey to California, 1826-1827
- Edited with an Introduction by George R. Brooks. Reviewed by George M. Ellis.
- Hunters, Seamen, and Entrepreneurs: The Tuna Seinermen of San Diego
- By Michael K. Orbach. Reviewed by E. A. Keen.
- Fortunes are for the Few. Letters of a Forty-Niner
- By Charles William Churchill. Edited by Duane A. Smith and David J. Weber. Reviewed by Thomas D. Clark.
- By the Sweat of Their Brow: Mexican Immigrant Labor in the United States, 1900-1940.
- By Mark Reisler. Reviewed by Luis Leobardo Arroyo.
- Frontier America: 1800-1840: A Comparative Demographic Analysis of the Settlement Process.
- By James E. Davis. Reviewed by Donald C. Cutter.
- The Spanish Royal Corps of Engineers in the Western Borderlands: Instrument of Bourbon Reform 1764 to 1815.
- By Janet R. Fireman. Reviewed by Iris Wilson Engstrand
- The Huse Journal: Santa Barbara in the 1850s
- Edited by Edith Bond Conkey. Translated by Francis Price.
- The Zunis of Cibola
- By C. Gregory Crampton.
- The Age of Porfirio Díaz: Selected Readings.
- Edited by Carlos B. Gil.
- Man-Made Disaster: The Story of St. Francis Dam.
- By Charles F. Outland.
- Francisco Pacheco of Pacheco Pass.
- By Dr. Albert Shumate.
- Mexican Folk Tales.
- Translated and edited by Anthony John Campos.
- A History of San Buenaventura Mission.
- By Msgr. Francis J. Weber.
- The Authentic Wild West: The Outlaws.
- By James D. Horan.
- Bad Company.
- By Joseph Henry Jackson.