- William Kettner: San Diego’s Dynamic Congressman
- By Lucille Clark DuVall
- From Seed to Center Seven Decades of Floral Service
- By Sharon Siegan
- Junípero Serra Museum: Architectural, Cultural and Urban Landmark
- By Gregg R. Hennessey
- The Mormon Volunteers: The Recruitment and Service of a Unique Military Company
- By John F. Yurtinus
- Life and Manners in the Frontier Army
- By Oliver Knight. Reviewed by Otis E. Young, Jr.
- Herbert Eugene Bolton: The Historian and the Man.
- By Francis Bannon. Reviewed by Clare V. McKanna.
- Digging in the Southwest
- By Ann Axtell Morris. Reviewed by Roxanne Dunbar Ortiz.
- Those Powerful Years: The South Coast and Los Angeles, 1887-1917
- By Joseph S. O’Flaherty. Reviewed by John E. Baur.
- A Gold Rush Voyage on the Bark Orion
- Edited by Robert W. Wienpahl. Reviewed by Brad Luckingham.
- California Utopia: Point Loma: 1897-1942
- By By Emmett A. Greenwalt. Reviewed by Robert S. Fogarty.
- California Mission Poetry: A Select Compilation
- Edited by Msgr. Francis J. Weber.
- San Marcos, A Brief History
- By William Carroll.
- Rocky Mountain Rendezvous: A History of the Fur Trade Rendezvous, 1825-1840.
- By Fred R. Gowans.
- A Bibliography of California Indians: Archaeology, Ethnography, Indian History
- By Robert F. Heizer and Albert B. Elsasser.
- Ghost Towns of the West.
- Text and Photographs by William Carter.
- Guns, Gold and Caravans: The Extraordinary Life and Times of Fred Meyer Schroder
- By Robert Easton.
- The Eagle and the Serpent, The Invasions of Mexico: 1519 and 1846
- By John Selby.
Cover image: The Family of Joseph W. Sefton, Sr., as depicted by artist Alden Finney Brooks, pose on the grounds of their home at Sixth and Laurel Streets. Sefton came to San Diego in the 1880s from Dayton, Ohio where he had been in the manufacturing business. He later founded San Diego Trust and Savings Bank in 1889. Brooks, also from Ohio, was born in 1840 and studied painting and sculpture in Chicago and Paris. One of San Diego’s most beautiful residences, the Sefton home was torn down in 1956 to make way for a branch office of the family bank.