The Journal of San Diego History
SAN DIEGO HISTORICAL SOCIETY QUARTERLY
Summer 1980, Volume 26, Number 3
Thomas L. Scharf, Managing Editor
By RICHARD L. CARRICO
First Place Winner, General Division
San Diego History Center 1980 Institute of History
Page iv. Native American settlements and Territory in Western San Diego County (Ca. 1876)
Page 166. Tecate Indians dressed for Eagle Feast Dance about 1873.
Page 167. Examples of finely crafted California Indian Mission basketry from the E.L. Curtis collections circa 1924.
Page 169. Native woman winnowing or sorting seeds at San Ysidro Reservation.
Page 170. Luiseño Village and adobe church at Pauma, upper San Luis Rey River, about 1890.
Page 173. Council of Indians at Warner’s Ranch prior to expulsion and relocation at Pala, March 17, 1902.
Page 176. An elevated acorn granary and storage basket at Laguna Mountain Rancheria, circa 1900. Examples of native pottery lie scattered about.
Page 177. The Luiseño Village and fields at Pala.
Page 181. A native woman completing a basket. Note the traditional dwelling in background and metal pail in foreground.