The Journal of San Diego History
SAN DIEGO HISTORICAL SOCIETY QUARTERLY
Spring 1981, Volume 27, Number 2
- The Selling of a City: Oceanside, 1920-1930
- By Brian Wiersema and Mary Taschner
- Black Pioneers in San Diego: 1880-1920
- By Gail Madyun and Larry Malone
- The Founding of San Diego’s Red Cross
- By Ralph E. Hughes and Laurel Davis Scott
- Ships and Sherds: Ceramics at the San Diego Presidio
- By Jean Krase
- The California to Remember.
- Sketches by Eugene Gilbert, Text by Richard F. Pourade. Reviewed by Clare W. McKanna.
- The Shoshoni Indians of Inyo County: The Kerr Manuscript.
- Edited, annotated, and with introductory preface by Charles N. Irwin. Reviewed by Stephen A. Colston.
- King of the Missions: A Documentary History of San Luis Rey de Francia.
- Compiled and edited by Msgr. Francis J. Weber. Reviewed by John E. Baur.
- The Proto Mission: A Documentary History of San Diego de Alcalá.
- Compiled and edited by Msgr. Francis J. Weber. Reviewed by Dr. James Robert Moriarty, III.
- Ancient Wisdom Revived: A History of the Theosophical Movement.
- By Bruce F. Campbell. Reviewed by Emmett A. Greenwalt.