The Journal of San Diego History
SAN DIEGO HISTORICAL SOCIETY QUARTERLY
Summer 1982, Volume 28, Number 3
- San Diego’s Victorian Homes
- By Karen Johl
- “Two Reading Rooms – One For Each Sex” San Diego Public Library Beginnings, 1880-1890
- By Clara E. Breed
- The Ramona Castle: Irene Amy Strong’s Home and the Craftsman Movement
- By Linda Roth
- Reminiscences of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet and the Academy of Our Lady of Peace, 1882-1982
- By Sister Mary Jean Fields, C.S.J.
- Early Journalism in San Diego: The San Diego Herald and The San Diego Union
- By Teri Thorpe
- Last of the Californios
- Written and illustrated by Harry W. Crosby. Edited by Richard F. Pourade.
- Guarding the Forests of Southern California: Evolving Attitudes Toward Conservation of Watershed, Woodlands, and Wilderness
- By Ronald F. Lockmann. Reviewed by Richard G. Lillard.
- San Diego, an Illustrated History
- By Ray Brandes. Reviewed by Elizabeth C. MacPhail.
- Mission in the Sierras; a Documentary History of San Antonio de Padua.
- Compiled by Msgr. Francis J. Weber. Reviewed by Rhoda E. Kruse.
- The Mexican-American War: An Annotated Bibliography
- Compiled and edited by Norman E. Tutorow. Reviewed by A.P. Nasatir.