July 1, 1983
- Serving San Diego County’s Southern Indians? Campo Indian Agency Schools
- By Terri E. Jacques
- Emigrants and Indians: Selections From C.J. Couts’ Military Correspondence, 1849
- Edited and with introduction by Raymond Starr
- A Grand Lady Turns Ninety-Five: The Hotel Del Coronado
- Maiolica at the San Diego Presidio Gateway Search Excavation: A Preliminary Analysis
- By Diane Barbolla-Roland
- Matthew Simpson’s Diary: A Wednesday in San Diego, 1854
- By James E. Kirby
- Victorian Resorts and Hotels: Essays from a Victorian Society Autumn Symposium.
- Edited by Richard Guy Wilson. Reviewed by Keith R. Widder.
- The 1769 Transit of Venus: The Baja California Observations of Jean-Baptiste Chappe d’Auteroche, Vicente de Doz, and Joaquín Velázquez Cárdenas de León
- Introduced and Edited by Doyce N. Nunis, Jr. Translations by James Donahue, Maynard J. Geiger, O.F.M. and Iris Wilson Engstrand. Reviewed Harry W. Crosby.
- Shadows of the Indian: Stereotypes in American Culture.
- By Raymond William Stedman. Foreword by Rennard Strickland. Reviewed by Albert L. Hurtado.
- California Conquered: War and Peace on the Pacific, 1846-1850.
- By Neal Harlow. Reviewed by Dennis E. Berge.
- A Visit to the Missions of Southern California in February and March 1874.
- By Henry L. Oak. Introduction by Henry R. Wagner. Edited by Ruth Frey Axe, Edwin H. Carpenter and Norman Neuerberg. Reviewed by Warren A. Beck.
- Indian-White Relations in the United States: A Bibliography of Works Published 1975-1980
- By Francis Paul Prucha.
- Chaining the Land: A History of Surveying in California
- By Francois D. Uzes.
- Approaches to Historical Archaeology: The Case of the Royal Presidio of San Diego
- Edited by Stephen A. Colston.
- Serra’s San Diego: Father Junípero Serra and California’s Beginnings
- By Iris H. W. Engstrand.
- Return to Taos: A Twice-Told Tale
- By Eric Sloane.
- Mission on the Highway: A Documentary History of San Miguel, Arcangel
- Compiled and Edited by Francis J. Weber.
- Starting with Defiance: Nineteenth Century Arizona Military Posts
- By Constance Wynn Altshuler.
- The Red House on the Hill
- By Louise Fulton Hard.
- The San Diego YWCA: A Short History, 1907-1982
- By Clare Crane.