The Journal of San Diego History
SAN DIEGO HISTORICAL SOCIETY QUARTERLY
Fall 1983, Volume 29, Number 4
Thomas L. Scharf, Managing Editor
In 1909 the Cuyamaca Club moved to new quarters on the top floor of the Union Building on Broadway between Second and Third Avenues.
Former Club president, Arnold Cosgrove (center) worked to modernize the club’s quarters in the years following World War II.
By early 1960 the operation of the Cuyamaca Club had been turned over to C. Arnholt Smith, San Diego banker and industrialist.
THE PHOTOGRAPHS are from the San Diego History Center’s Title Insurance and Trust Collection.