April 1, 1984
- Legal Hocus-Pocus” The Subdivision of Jamacha Rancho
- By Stephen Van Wormer
- Between Germany and Carlsbad: A High Yielding Bond
- By Marje Howard-Jones
- The Republican Experiment and The Bishop’s School
- By Thomas W. Mitchell
- A.H. Sweet: Profile of a High-Minded Gentleman
- By Syd Love
- Westering Man: The Life of Joseph Walker
- By Bil Gilbert. Reviewed by John E. Sunder.
- Covered Wagon Women: Diaries & Letters from the Western Trails, 1840-1890
- Edited and compiled by Kenneth L. Holmes. Reviewed by Maxine Benson.
- Evolución de la Frontera Norte
- By Romeo R. Flores Caballero. Reviewed by Rosalie Schwartz.
- The Cabrillo Era and His Voyage of Discovery
- Edited by Carl F. Repusch. Reviewed by Stephen A. Colston.
- Fort Guijarros
- By Ronald V. May, Roy Pettus, and Stephen A. Colston. Reviewed by Richard L. Carrico.
- A History of Vista
- By Harrison and Ruth Doyle. Reviewed by Robert Carlton.
- The Penultimate Mission: A Documentary History of San Rafael, Arcangel
- Compiled and Edited by Francis J. Weber.
- Wells Fargo in Colorado Territory
- By W. Turrentine Jackson.
- The Capital that Couldn’t Stay Put: The Complete Book of California’s Capitols
- By June Oxford.
- Overland to California in 1859: A Guide for Wagon Train Travelers
- Compiled and Edited by Louis M. Bloch, Jr.
- Living My Life: An Autobiography of Emma Goldman
- By Emma Goldman.