The Journal of San Diego History
SAN DIEGO HISTORICAL SOCIETY QUARTERLY
Winter 1984, Volume 30, Number 1
Thomas L. Scharf, Managing Editor
- San Diego Baseball: The Early Years
- By Frank Norris.
- Ensenada: Its Background, Founding and Early Development
- By Maria Eugenia Bonifaz de Novelo.
- San Diego Trust and Savings Bank: A Well Known Member of the Community for Ninety-Five Years
- By Theodore H. Davie
- Richard Kerren: Study of a San Diego Soldier-Pioneer
- By Emily L. Wilt
- The Mexican-American War in Baja California
- By Richard W. Amero
- History of San Diego Rotary Club 33.
- By Joseph L. Howard. Reviewed by Rhoda E. Kruse.
- The Voyage of the Frigate Princesa to Southern California in 1782. The logs of Juan Pantoja y Arriaga and Esteban José Martínez
- Translated by Geraldine V. Sahyun. Edited by Richard S. Whitehead. Reviewed by Howard O. Welty.
- Turning the Pages: San Diego Public Library History, 1882 – 1982
- By Clara E. Breed. Reviewed by Elizabeth C. MacPhail.
- The Letters of Jacob Baegert, 1749-1762: Jesuit Missionary in Baja California.
- Translated by Elsbeth Schulz-Bischof; Edited by Doyce B. Nunis, Jr. Reviewed by Homer Aschmann.
- Alta California 1840-1842 The Journal and Observations of William Dane Phelps, Master of the Ship “Alert”.
- Introduced and edited by Briton Cooper Busch. Reviewed by Alexandra Luberski.
- The San Ysidro Community History Project.
- Edited by Richard Griswold del Castillo.
- Harvest Empire: A History of California Agriculture.
- By Lawrence J. Jelinek.
- The Precursor’s Mission: A Documentary History of San Juan Bautista.
- Compiled and Edited by Francis J. Weber.
- California People.
- By Carol Dunlap.
- Letters of a Woman Homesteader.
- By Elinore Pruitt Stewart.